Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) Number: 060B2490024
The Department of Information Technology (DoIT) has established a Master Contract with Software House International (SHI) effective 11/1/2012 to procure the following software and services for the State of Maryland:
- Category One: Microsoft Select Plus Software and Services
Select Plus is a cost-effective way to acquire Microsoft software licenses and services at any affiliate or department level, while realizing advantages as one organization. Select Plus offers the flexibility to acquire licenses as needed, a single agreement with no specific end date and a single Lead Affiliate customer ID to streamline account management. Software Assurance is optional. With Microsoft Select Plus, you have the additional benefit of:
- Manage assets more easily with visibility across the entire organization and centralized reporting because all affiliate purchases are tied to their own unique customer IDs.
- Get more value out of licensing with automatic price savings for purchases across the entire organization and the full value of Microsoft Software Assurance coverage, no matter when you purchase it.
- Category Two: Microsoft Enterprise Software and Services
The Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (EA) is the best licensing program for organizations that want to standardize IT across the enterprise yet retain the flexibility to choose from on-premises and cloud services. The EA brings you:
- Attractive volume pricing
- Full benefits of Software Assurance
- Flexibility to transition to cloud services at your own pace
- Simplified license management though a single company-wide agreement
- Flexible, cost-effective, manageable licensing
- Software Assurance
Software Assurance (SA) helps you get the most from your Microsoft purchases. Benefits such as 24x7 support, deployment planning services, end-user and technical training, and the latest software releases are combined in one cost-effective program.
And if you are considering moving aspects of your IT to the cloud, SA delivers even more value by helping you plan your cloud migration and manage your on-premises and hybrid environments. Use Software Assurance to:
- Boost productivity across your organization with new product versions, end-user and technical training and support\
- Streamline deployments and migrations using Microsoft expertise and tools
- Upgrade and manage your Microsoft technology investments in a cost-effective manner
All other Microsoft products are considered "additional products" (i.e. Visio, Project, etc.). Pricing for additional products is the same as under the Select Agreement.