For a list of Master Contractors in each Functional Area, their contact information and email distribution lists, click on the name of each Functional Area below.
Systems, material, and equipment may include, but are not limited to:
- Fiber optic cabling
- Outside plant enclosures
- Splicing and termination equipment
- Installation hardware
Services under Functional Area II may include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of both aerial and underground conduit, fiber optic or copper telecommunications cables, splicing and terminations
- Both large scale (hundreds of miles) and small scale (less than a quarter mile) projects
- Bridge attachment, building entry, directional boring, rock boring and other specialized methods of construction
- Removal and reinstallation of conduit, fiber optic or copper telecommunications cables
- Design, integration, and optimization services
Testing, documentation, training and repair
- Routine and emergency testing of fiber optic or copper telecommunications cables
- Routine and emergency repair of fiber optic or copper telecommunications cables
- Documentation of fiber optic or copper telecommunications cables
- Maintenance shall be performed by the Master Contractor in accordance with manufacturer's specifications.
- The minimum preventive maintenance routine will include assurance that equipment is within the limits of the manufacturer’s specifications, and that “wear” items have been properly serviced, tightened, lubricated, etc., as required by good technical practices and the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Examples of services include, but are not limited to:
- Preventive, routine and emergency repairs of all equipment, including the interfaces between equipment.
- Determining the source of faults within an affected system, which are attributable to other systems, and initiating a response to such problems through notification of the using agency.
- Maintenance of the equipment in the condition existing, as of the date of the NTP for any awarded TORFP.