Desktop, Laptop and Tablet 2015 - ADPICS Procedures
- The following outlines the procedures for Hardware and Associated Services available through the Desktop, Laptop, and Tablet 2015 Master Contract. All Executive Branch agencies are required to create releases in State ADPICS against blanket purchase order (BPO) #060B5400007. The procedures are effective July 22, 2015.
- DoIT adopted two ADPICS documents for the Purchase Order Request for Proposal (PORFP) numbering structure.
- Agencies should create a direct purchase order release as the PORFP number if the products requested does not contain Functional Area III, installation services.
- Agencies should create a reference BPO purchase release as the PORFP number if the products and services being requested contain Functional Area III, installation services. Agencies must also be purchasing the corresponding equipment in Functional Area I and II. Only if; the issuing PORFP agency has determined there is a MBE subcontracting goal for Functional Area III.
- A reference BPO allows for Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) subcontracting payment collection. Agencies should record MBE subcontractor payments (D-5 Form) in the PCHL2345 screen. Agencies can perform MBE reporting in FMIS and ANSWERS.
PART A: Purchase Order Request for Proposal (PORFP) Solicitation
- ADPICS Direct PO and BPO security will be required for anyone who is planning on creating those document types in ADPICS. See your Agency FMIS coordinator to verify you have security or to fill out new forms. Also make sure the Subcontractor Entry Screen 2345 and the Subcontractor Invoice Information screen 2355 are also included in your request. Agencies are responsible for MBE reporting based on the Desktop, Laptop and Tablet 2015 Master Contract procedures
- Validate or setup your agency ADPICS Initiating Department Approval Paths. (Note: This is an agency’s internal approval path and should not include DoIT Procurement or the Board of Public Works).
- After the ADPICS document is created, it will remain unposted in ADPICS until the PORFP award process is ready for award.
- The initial vendor code on all reference BPO will default to DESKTOP, LAPTOP AND TABLET MASTER CONTRACT # 1410260407.
PART B: Award
- Upon completion of the PORFP solicitation, agencies will be ready to make an award. Post the direct PO or reference BPO in ADPICS approval processing to DoIT Procurement for review & final posting. Prior to submitting the ADPICS Direct PO and BPO, agencies must also submit via email to email@example.com the Desktop, Laptop and Tablet 2015 Master Contract Award Package Checklist documentation.
Select the Master Contractor to be awarded the PORFP from the PCHL2349, on the BPO Vendor Selection screen. There are many master contractors on the Desktop, Laptop and Tablet 2015 Master Contract, so use caution when selecting the awarded Master Contractor & deleting all other Master Contractor’s copied over when the reference BPO was created from the Desktop, Laptop and Tablet 2015 Master Contract BPO.
- If the Master Contractor you want to make an award to is not on the Desktop, Laptop and Tablet 2015 Master Contract BPO, email the DoIT ITPO MAILBOX DGS - Office of State Procurement (OSP) at: DGS.OSP-Requisitions@maryland.gov and request the vendor be added (vendor must be on DoIT website as awarded a contract). Include the vendor’s name, federal ID number and address.
- Select the commodity from PCHL2348, BPO detail screen, for the functional area that matches the PORFP document issued to the master contractors. Delete all others that copied over to the reference BPO from the Master Desktop, Laptop and Tablet 2015 BPO.
- Functional Area I - 92045-DT.FA1 Desktop, Laptops, Ruggedized Laptops, Monitors and Associated Peripherals
- Functional Area II - 92045-TB.FA2 Tablets, Ruggedized Tablets, Monitors & Associated Peripherals
- Functional Area III - 92045-IN.FA3 Installation Services
- Functional Area IV - 92045-MN.FA4 Manufacturer’s Extended Warranty
- Agencies may change the DOC type or use the default. A specific DOC type is not required since the commodity codes are linked to DoIT by commodity approval processing.
- The direct PO and reference BPO will automatically be routed via commodity approval processing to DoIT Procurement for review in ADPICS mailbox 060P1, level 600.
- Agencies can monitor the status of the ADPICS document through ADPICS via the active document screen (PCHL 9220) or archive screen (PCHL 9230). In most cases, you will receive an email from DoIT indicating the updated document status.
- After a reference BPO is authorized by DoIT Procurement and posted, the agency will need to create a purchase order (PO) release from the posted reference BPO. The PO will also need DoIT Procurement approval. No additional documentation will be required for the PO approval. After DoIT approves the PO; the agency should sign & send it to the Master Contractor awarded the PORFP.
- Agencies should follow-up with the Master Contractor directly concerning the status of the initial purchase as well as subsequent invoice or service concerns.