Cable and Wiring Master Contract: PORFP Procedures
This page outlines agency procedures for initiating and executing a Purchase Order Request for Proposals (PORFP) under the Cable and Wiring Materials and Services Master Contract. This process applies to purchases under Functional Area I (FA I) Materials and Equipment.
Questions regarding this process should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Determine agency product / service needs.
- Identify the corresponding Cable and Wiring Materials and Services Master Contract Functional Area or Areas. See Functional Areas on the Contract Links panel.
- Follow ADPICS Procedures to create an agency Purchase Order (PO). The PO number becomes the "PORFP Number" used to identify the PORFP.
- Complete all sections of the PORFP Template. For guidance, refer to the PORFP Template Instructions and PORFP Sample. Complete the PORFP template as follows:
- Section 1 - General Information: Captures PORFP Number (ADPICS PO Number), FA selections, Small Business Reserve (SBR) designation, proposal due date, and agency instructions governing provision of the products/services.
Section 2 - Agency Point of Contact (POC) Information: Captures the contact information of the agency representative responsible for the PORFP.
- Section 3 - Delivery Address / Worksite POC Information (if different from above): Captures the contact information of a secondary agency representative as needed if the delivery or work site address differs from the information captured in Section 2.
- Section 4 – Scope of Work: The scope of work should include the following information by selected FA:
Section 5 – Evaluation Criteria – Technical Proposal: Communicates to the Master Contractors how their technical proposals will be evaluated. Evaluation criteria should be objective, aligned with the Scope of Work, and prioritized in order of importance.
Email the PORFP to all Master Contractors in FA I. To create the email, select Functional Area 1 from the Functional Areas page on the Contract Links box. Follow the prompts to filter, select, and export the appropriate list of Master Contractors to email. Note – for a PORFP designated as a SBR, select and email the PORFP only to Master Contractors certified as SBRs.
Upon receipt of the PORFP, Master Contractors shall prepare and submit proposals or a Cable and Wiring Materials and Services Master Contractor Feedback Form (See Step 6 below) in response to the PORFP. Proposals shall provide two separate sections as follows:
- FA I – The quantity and a description of the required Cable and Wiring materials and equipment. If known, specify the manufacturer, product line, and model number. If the type of Cable and Wiring Equipment is unknown, describe required functionality. Indicate the date by which delivery is required.
- Technical Proposal
The agency POC or designee will receive proposals from the Master Contractors that choose to respond to the PORFP. If a Master Contractor chooses not to submit a proposal, the Master Contractor must Login to the Master Contract Admin System to submit a Cable and Wiring Materials and Services Master Contractor Feedback Form to the agency POC or designee. If any Master Contractor fails to submit a proposal or feedback form by the proposal due date, the agency POC or designee shall follow-up with the Master Contractor to request submission of a feedback form.
The agency POC or designee reviews the technical proposals for adherence to the requirements defined in the PORFP.
The agency POC or designee establishes a process to evaluate technical proposals based on the evaluation criteria in the PORFP. The evaluation will be conducted in accordance with all applicable State laws and regulations and may include requests for clarification, additional information and best and final offers.
Upon completion of technical rankings, the agency POC or designee reviews the financial proposals for each qualified proposal.
The agency shall make an award based on the proposal that is "most advantageous to the State," (See the "Basis for Award" Section at the end of the PORFP).
For approval of any award, the agency POC or designee is required to complete an Award Package Checklist. The agency shall email the Award Package Checklist and all required parts to DoIT at email@example.com.
Complete the PO created in Step 2 and post the PO according to the ADPICS Procedures. Upon PO approval, print, sign and fax a copy to the selected Master Contractor.
Notify all Master Contractors who submitted a proposal in response to the PORFP of the selected Master Contractor and the amount of the award.
Products will be shipped directly to the agency address included in the PO. Agencies are responsible for following up with the Master Contractor directly concerning the status of the order, as well as subsequent invoice and product / service concerns.
- Description of the Cable and Wiring materials and equipment to be provided;
- Transportation and delivery schedule;
- Warranty terms, if applicable; and