PBX IV - Telecommunications Equipment and Services PORFP Procedures
This page outlines agency procedures for initiating and executing a Purchase Order Request for Proposals (PORFP) under the PBX IV Telecommunications Equipment and Services Master Contract. This process applies to purchases under the following Functional Areas (FA):
- Functional Area 1 - Hardware, Associated Peripherals and Software
- Functional Area 2 - Manufacturer’s Extended Warranty and Maintenance Services
- Functional Area 3 - Time and Material Labor
Questions regarding this process should be sent to PBXIV.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Determine equipment and/or extended warranty needs. In making product / service selections, it is recommended agencies assess what products already exist in the agency or other agency environments. This may help agencies select compatible products or at least identify technical requirements toward choosing a product.
- Identify the corresponding PBX IV Telecommunications Equipment and Services Master Contract Functional Area or Areas. See Functional Areas: Descriptions/Examples.
- Follow ADPICS Procedures to create a Reference BPO if procuring items from Functional Areas 2 or 3. The Reference BPO number becomes the "PORFP Number" which is used to identify the PORFP. (After Reference BPO approval, the Agency will then create PO releases against their Reference BPO). If procuring items from Functional Area 1, then a Direct Purchase Order can be created instead.
- Complete all sections of the PORFP Template. For guidance, refer to the PORFP Template Instructions and PORFP Sample. Complete the PORFP template as follows:
- Section 1 - General Information: Captures PORFP Number (ADPICS PO Number), FA selections, Manufacturer*, Small Business Reserve (SBR) designation, Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), and Veteran Small Business Enterprise (VSBE), goal for FA II and III**, proposal due date, and agency instructions governing provision of the products/services.
*Only one manufacturer is allowed per PORFP. If the manufacturer is unknown or generic, please leave this field blank.
**An MBE Participation Worksheet is required for all purchases under FA II and III to describe the MBE goal to be achieved through subcontracting. A VSBE Participation Worksheet is also required for all purchases under FA II and III to describe the VSBE goal to be achieved through subcontracting. Refer to the MBE Worksheet Guidelines and MBE Worksheet. Any PORFP released that includes FA II and III must include, at a minimum, an MBE goal of 25%. If the MBE goal is determined to be less than 25%, the justification must be provided in the MBE Participation Worksheet. The Worksheet is required for any PORFP issued under FA II and III. Additionally, any PORFP released that includes FA II and III must include, at a minimum, a VSBE goal of 1%. If the VSBE goal is determined to be less than 1%, the justification must be provided in the Participation Worksheet. The Worksheet is required for any PORFP issued under FA II and III.
- Section 2 - Agency Point of Contact (POC) Information: Captures the contact information of the agency representative responsible for the PORFP.
- Section 3 - Delivery Address / Worksite POC Information (if different from above): Captures the contact information of a secondary agency representative as needed if the delivery or work site address differs from the information captured in Section 2.
- Section 4 – Scope of Work: The scope of work should include the following information by selected FA:
- FA I – The quantity and a description of the required PBX IV Telecommunications Hardware, Associated Peripherals and Software. If known, specify the manufacturer, product line, and model number. If the type of equipment is unknown, describe required functionality. Indicate the date by which delivery is required.
- FA II – Description of required PBX IV Telecommunications Manufacturer’s Extended Warranty and Maintenance Services. Describe required deliverables. Include any unique requirements, for example restrictions on the time of day work can be performed. Indicate estimated start and end dates for services.
- FA III - Description of the required PBX IV Telecommunications Time and Material Labor. Describe required deliverables. Include any unique requirements, for example restrictions on the time of day work can be performed. Indicate estimated start and end dates for services.
- Section 5 – Evaluation Criteria – Technical Proposal: Communicates to the Master Contractors how their technical proposals will be evaluated. Evaluation criteria should be objective, aligned with the Scope of Work, and prioritized in order of importance.
- Agency Emails DoIT for PORFP Approval: Prior to submission to vendors, Agency will email PORFP and any attachments related to PORFP for review and approval.
- Email the PORFP to the Master Contractors in the applicable FA or FAs authorized to sell the required manufacturers product line or supporting services. If the manufacturer is not known, email the PORFP to all Master Contractors in the FA. To create the email, go to Select Master Contractor Contact List in the Contract Links panel. Follow the prompts to filter, select, and export the appropriate list of Master Contractors to email.
Note – for a PORFP designated as a SBR, select and email the PORFP only to Master Contractors certified as SBRs.
- Upon receipt of the PORFP, Master Contractors shall prepare and submit proposals or a PBX IV Telecommunications Equipment and Services Master Contractor Feedback Form (See Step 6 below) in response to the PORFP. Proposals shall provide two separate sections as follows:
- Technical Proposal
- Description of the PBX IV Telecommunications Equipment and Services to be provided;
- Transportation and delivery schedule;
- Description of how the Master Contractor shall provide the required installation, repair and preventive maintenance services (FA II and III only); Master Contractors proposing under FA II and/or III must submit an MBE Utilization and Fair Solicitation Affidavit & MBE Participation Schedule.
- Mercury Affidavit
- A statement that the Master Contractor is authorized by the manufacturer or distributor to provide the PBX IV Telecommunications Equipment and Services as of the date of the proposal; and
The agency POC or designee will receive proposals from the Master Contractors that choose to respond to the PORFP. If a Master Contractor chooses not to submit a proposal, the Master Contractor must Login to the Master Contract Admin System to submit a PBX IV Telecommunications Equipment and Services Master Contractor Feedback Form to the agency POC or designee. If any Master Contractor fails to submit a proposal or feedback form by the proposal due date, the agency POC or designee shall follow-up with the Master Contractor to request submission of a feedback form.
- For FA I, the proposed price including a screen shot of the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and/or GSA Schedule; and
- For FA II and III, the price for the proposed services, as designated in the PORFP.
The agency POC or designee reviews the technical proposals for adherence to the requirements defined in the PORFP.
The agency POC or designee establishes a process to evaluate technical proposals based on the evaluation criteria in the PORFP. The evaluation will be conducted in accordance with all applicable State laws and regulations and may include requests for clarification, additional information and best and final offers.
Upon completion of technical rankings, the agency POC or designee reviews the financial proposals for each qualified proposal. For FA I, the agency POC or designee will ensure the proposed pricing for the recommended proposal is at or below MSRP and/or GSA Schedule. For a PORFP that includes FA II and/or III, the agency POC or designee compares the financial proposal for the recommended proposal to the labor rates published for that Master Contractor. Labor rates can be found under Master Contractor Contact/Pricing Information in the Contract Links panel.
The agency shall make an award based on the proposal that is “most advantageous to the State,” (See the “Basis for Award” Section at the end of the PORFP).
For approval of any award, the agency POC or designee is required to complete a PBX IV Telecommunications Equipment and Services Award Package Checklist. The agency shall email the Award Package Checklist and all required parts to DoIT at PBXIV.email@example.com.
Complete the PO created in Step 2 and post the PO according to the ADPICS Procedures. Upon PO approval, print, sign and fax a copy to the selected Master Contractor.
Notify all Master Contractors who submitted a proposal in response to the PORFP of the selected Master Contractor and the amount of the award.
Products will be shipped directly to the agency address included in the PO. Agencies are responsible for following up with the Master Contractor directly concerning the status of the order, as well as subsequent invoice and product / service concerns.