DoIT Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Master Contract
The objective of this Master Contract is to provide a streamlined procurement process within a pool of qualified Master Contractors that may be engaged through work orders to provide IV&V services.
IV&V services include:
- Provide information that determines for oversight and management whether development products of a particular activity conform to the requirements of that activity, and whether the software satisfies both its intended use and user needs.
- Ensure that selected work products including planning, execution and closeout level documentation meet their specified requirements.
- Confirm that a product or product component fulfills its intended use when placed in its intended environment.
- Proactively determine early in a program’s life cycle the quantitative, qualitative, and financial risks associated with the program.
- Built on a foundation of best practices, ensure that quality is built into program deliverables from the beginning—starting with business and requirements analysis, continuing through software development and unit-testing activities, and ending with system and integration testing and acceptance
Through this IV&V Master Contract, State Agencies will have a flexible means of obtaining information technology (IT) IV&V services quickly, efficiently and cost effectively with the issuance of task orders specific to its needs.
For further information on IV&V business rules, program management, selection and entrance criteria, funding and procurement options, please refer to the DoIT Policy and Process